Saturday, September 15, 2012

Not Love, Like

I have never fallen in love with someone ever so far in my life. Why? Because I am eighteen! I have no idea what love is. I have never had a boyfriend but even then I don't think I would be in love. I would just be in like. I believe that all teenagers fall in like. Some fall harder than others but it is not love. Just a deep infatuation. Why do I think this? Because teenagers haven't had enough life experience to fall in love. How do you know what falling in love is if he is your first boyfriend? If you never have another boyfriend how do you know if it was love or like? My mom had three serious boyfriends before my dad and those boyfriends helped her realize that what she felt with my dad was love because she had not felt the same way with her other boyfriends. She was in college. How are highschool students suppose to know what love feels like when they have not even lived on their own? I have lived outside of  Utah and people date way more in high school than here. Not steady dating just dates with different people. It gives them more experience to know what to look for when they fall in love. Why are people trying to look for love already? We still have plenty of life to live and we should use that time to get to know as many people as possible. I admit I am a romantic but I know that I am not ready for love even though sometimes I like to think I am. I am only eighteen. I still have a long way to go.

"Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate, and if that means anything to you, if you care about me at all, just don't do this."-Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment