Saturday, November 3, 2012

Memories

I remember my first sleepover when I was five. I remember when Backstreet Boys and N'Sync were big instead of One Direction. I remember wanting to always play with my big brothers. I remember I had a crush on my brothers' friend. I remember when I hated to come inside because that meant bed time.

I remember when my mom told us she was having twins. I remember how scared I felt not knowing if I was gonna be on the dance team or not. I remember how wonderful and special I felt when my crush from middle school told me he liked me.

I remember when I watched the very first episode of Spongebob. I remember watching Totally Spies and wanting to be the red head. I remember watching the Jimmy Neutron movie in theatres.

I remember when my parents told me we were moving. I bawled for two hours. I remember when my aunt and uncle got divorced and how my cousin and I drifted apart. I remember when my dog was put down. I remember how scared and alone I felt when I went to school for the first time here.

I remember when I began making friends here. I remember fireflies on cool, humid, summer nights. I remember late night swims in the neighborhood pool. I remember my first date. We held hands. I remember the times when I would laugh so hard I would cry. I remember that you have to take life one day at a time.
      



"Aquamarine: [in mall] HELLO!
[people stare]
Claire: [tries to hide herself and gives Aqua a questioning look]
Aquamarine: Why go through life unnoticed?"- Aquamarine

9 comments:

  1. The red head was the one in pink, wasn't she? I wanted to be her too. My friend and I would fight over her when we were pretending to go on those missions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much of this I relate to.

    I remember when my mom told us she was having twins.
    I remember when my parents told me we were moving.
    I remember when my dog was put down.

    I stole all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quotes at the end of your posts confuse me sometimes. But I like the confusion, its interesting at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the size and color of the words relate to what you are talking about.
    I remember how wonderful and special I felt when my crush from middle school told me that he liked me. -Stole it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The line about having to come inside because it was bed time.

    I'm 33 years old.

    And I still remember that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I remember that you have to take life one day at a time." I liked this. Stole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when Backstreet Boys and N'Sync were big instead of One Direction.

    I loved this line. Brought back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the aquamarine quote at the end sealed the deal. super good.

    ReplyDelete