Monday, December 17, 2012

Au Revoir, Paris!

                                       
I remember the first day I came to Paris. I was mesmerized by all the buildings, sights and beauty. It was all too much to take in. It is still beautiful to me now but it is not as overwhelming.

Some days were marvelous. The sun would be shining and I would learn so much about life! Paris helped me get out of the mundane school life and allowed fun to infiltrate school for a bit.




Some days weren't as great. It would be rainy and obviously that was when I forgot my umbrella. Some days it would pour and other days it would drizzle.

My favorite days were when we toured the Opera House. It was inconceivable;)

Too bad vacations have to end and I must leave Paris. But just because I am leaving doesn't mean I have to forget Paris. Paris brought some energy back into my life, helped me meet great friends and I will remember it fondly and I will be sure to visit again. As the French say, Au Revoir!



"Christine: Think of me, think of me waking, silent and resigned. Imagine me, trying too hard to put you from my mind. Recall those days, look back on all those times, think of the things we'll never do - there will never be a day, when I won't think of you."-Phantom of the Opera

No comments:

Post a Comment